- BE CLEVER: If you lie on your CV or decides to use your personal email address of firstname.lastname@example.org, you don’t deserve to get your dream job!
- YOUR PHOTOGRAPH: you are blessed with Jude Law/Natalie Portman looks and are working in a selling/account management/marketing role requiring face to face contact, this will not harm your application. However, the vast majority of professional jobs go to the person with the best looking CV, not picture.
- BE CONCISE: most CVs are too long. HR and recruitment professionals are busy people: your CV needs to reflect all of your selling points and nothing else.
- EXECUTIVE SUMMERY: avoid the typical “right words”:
- Proven track record of success
The art is as much about
what to leave out
as what to include.